A Year of Transformative Healthcare
“Seva is my spiritual practice, seva is my life, seva is my breath… One responsibility of such fitting and selfless service is to bring an end to all mental, physical and circumstantial difficulties; to accord comfort, vitality and good health to everyone. A humble and sincere effort by Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur to realise this is the Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital and Research Centre.”
– Pujya Gurudevshri
“This hospital and research centre is going to provide modern facilities in the rural area, making the best treatment accessible to all. It is going to strengthen the country’s vision for a healthy India in the ‘Amrit Kaal’ of independence. It is going to strengthen the spirit of ‘Sabka Prayas’ (everyone’s effort) in the field of health… I would like to thank (Pujya Gurudevshri) Rakeshji for this entire mission and all the devotees for these modern facilities.”
– Shri Narendrabhai Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India
It was a moment etched in the hearts of all who witnessed it – the grand inauguration on August 4, 2022 that marked the birth of a beacon of hope, compassion and healing. Powered by the infinite compassion of Param Krupalu Dev and expertly guided by the masterful vision of Pujya Gurudevshri, Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital and Research Centre has helped transform countless lives, weaving together stories of resilience, recovery and renewed hope.
On the new hospital’s first anniversary, let’s see how it has continued to push the envelope of medical care through the introduction of new super specialities and a continued focus on research and innovation. Let’s also witness some inspiring stories of transformative healthcare and explore the significant scale and reach of the hospital’s services in Gujarat and beyond!
Introduction of New Super Specialities
- Cardiac Surgery and Valve Replacement: This department provides comprehensive cardiac care, including immediate treatment for heart attacks and chest pain, as well as cardiac bypass surgeries.
- Orthopaedics: Specialisations of advanced spine surgeries, knee replacements and hip replacements have been added.
- Neurosurgery: A dedicated neurosurgery department is now catering to a wide range of neurosurgical conditions.
Collaborations and Research Focus
- Diplomas and Courses: The hospital was granted seats of DNB (Diplomate National Board) in addition to previously existing seats of CPS (College of Physicians and Surgeons).
- Ongoing Research and Global Associations: The hospital continues to maintain close associations with the faculty and staff of leading institutions such as Stanford University, Yale University and Purdue University. Students from Laval University, Canada and Lund University, Sweden have successfully completed internships at the hospital.
- Collaboration with Spine Foundation: Dr Shekhar Bhojraj is the first dedicated specialised spine surgeon of India. He practises at various renowned hospitals across Mumbai and his team has been visiting the hospital regularly to offer their services free of cost to patients in need.
Spreading Good Health to All Corners of India
This programme expanded to Darbhanga, Bihar in East India, where a multi-speciality mega-medical camp provided free treatment and medicines to thousands in December 2022. Another successful multi-speciality medical camp was organised in April 2023 in the pious town of Vavania, Gujarat in West India.
Going forward, this programme will now spread its benevolent reach to places in North and South India, thereby propelling the mission of spreading health and hope to every corner of India!
Unveiling Stories of Resilience and Cutting-Edge Treatment
- Suffering from an ongoing fever, abdominal pain and difficulty in breathing, Khushi Pawar’s condition was diagnosed as atypical nephrotic syndrome – a rare kidney disorder. With kidney failure setting in, the medical team performed the first-ever paediatric haemodialysis in the Dharampur area, purifying her blood and giving her kidneys a chance to recover. After 21 days of expert care, Khushi was successfully discharged with a clean bill of health!
- 52-year-old Laxibhai was diagnosed with triple vessel disease, an extreme condition where multiple major blood vessels supplying the heart are narrowed or blocked. Understanding the urgency of his situation, the cardiologist recommended a crucial coronary bypass surgery. Breaking new ground, the team successfully performed the first-ever cardio-thoracic bypass surgery in Dharampur and provided Laxibhai with a life-saving intervention. He was subsequently discharged from the hospital in good health, paving the way for a renewed and vibrant life ahead!
- “Choosing Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital and Research Centre instead of a hospital in Mumbai for the delivery of my second child was the best decision I made. Despite living in London, I flew all the way to this hospital because of its exceptional quality of care and sacred reverence I have for this land – knowing that it is blessed by Param Krupalu Dev and Pujya Gurudevshri. Having experienced childbirth in the UK, I can confidently say that the facilities here are just as good, if not better. The warm and compassionate team at the hospital made my journey truly comfortable, joyful and memorable.”
– Namrata Virani, London
Just the Beginning…
The Impact in Numbers
Outpatient Department – 1,25,000
Admitted Patients – 15,000
Medical Outreach – 1,55,000
Operations – 3,500
Dialysis sessions – 2,500
CT Scans – 2,500
MRIs – 1,500
Cardiac Surgeries – 40-plus surgeries including bypass and valve replacement
Angiography – 350
Angioplasty – 200
Children treated in the District Early Intervention Centre (DEIC) – 4,500
Ante-natal Check-ups – 3,000
Deliveries – 1,200
Neonatal ICU Admissions – 500
Consulting Doctors and Medical Officers – 65-plus
Nurses and Para-Medical Staff – 330-plus
Non-Medical Staff – 380-plus